Whitco Window Spiral Sash Balance
Important: 3 digit number in the title is NOT the length of the sash balance, please see below for measurements.
Weight Range: 7.25 to 10KG
Actual Body Length Excluding Foot: 749mm
Closed Body Length Including Foot: 775mm
Maximum Extended Body Length: 1473mm
Number Of Initial Pre-Tension Turns: 5
Tension tool sold separately
Adjustable foot sold separately
It is recommended that spiral balances are supported in a 15mm x 15mm rebate.
Narrow, fully sealed variable pitch spiral balance system for aluminium double hung windows.
Fully sealed construction
Oil tempered carbon steel torsion spring
Zinc plated variable pitch spiral
Metal zinc diecast fixing plug
Tough ABS polymer outer casing available in Black
Corrosion resistant stainless steel sash foot plate
Comprehensive range of tube lengths and balance weight
Adjustable spring tension to suit application
Shock absorbing stops available
Range of feet available
Tension key required for adjustable foot version
If you need further help selecting your spiral sash balance:
Step B1 - Top Sash Balances
1. Measure the overall height of the top sash (including horns, if used). This is the Closed ‘C’ Dimension.
2. Refer to appropriate Closed ‘C’ dimensions on size chart and select the Balance Number matching the Closed ‘ C’ Dimension.
3. If there is not an exact match to Closed ‘C’ Dimension go to the next smaller Balance Number
e.g. – For Closed ‘C’ dimension of 341mm select balance number 110.
Step B2 - Bottom Sash Balances
1. Measure the overall window opening height from sill to head. This is the Extended Dimension ‘E’
2. Refer to appropriate Extended Dimensions ‘E’ on size chart and select the Balance Number matching the Extended
3. If there is not an exact match to Extended ‘E’ Dimension go to the next larger Balance Number size.
e.g. – For Extended ‘E’ dimension of 546mm select balance number 110.
For more information there is a great PDF on the WHITCO website – search WINDOW BALANCE SYSTEMS